Smartbaits are amazing color changing baits. Activated by water temperature, Smartbaits softbaits undergo multiple color changes when submerged. They will change from a light color to a dark color or a from a dark color to a light color when moving through fluctuating water temperatures. This color change will attract fish to strike.
Why not just use a specific color lure such as red or chartreuse vs. one that changes?
- The reason that Smartbaits color change technology is so revolutionary is that you can constantly reset the lure to change colors continually which will attract fish to strike
- With a lure that changes from chartreuse to red; once the lure is pulled out of the set "color change" temperature, it resets back to chartreuse and when you can recast it will change color again to re-attract fish
Will it work at several temperatures?
- Smartbaits can set specific temperature ranges for different areas such as Florida's shallow lakes with warm temperatures to the deeper and colder water temperatures of the Great Lakes and we are designing more lures that will work at these and other temperature ranges
- Currently Smartbaits lures are programmed to change colors from approximately 65 to 87 degrees Fahrenheit or 18 to 30 degrees Celsius
Will it stop working or wear out?
- Smartbaits lures will continually change colors forever as the process is permanent
Do the hardbaits and the softbaits change color in the same way?
- Our hardbaits are coated with our unique color change formula and our softbaits are injected with the same formula
- Our hardbaits will change faster than our softbaits as the softbaits are denser in texture
- Hardbaits change color on the belly of the lure while our softbaits can be a whole color change bait whereby the entire lure will change from one color to another; such as red to chartreuse or a laminated color change bait whereby the top of the lure will change from one color to another and the bottom of the lure will also change from one color to another
- For example our Foxy Frog softbaits change color from watermelon to junebug on the top part of the lure and on the bottom part of the lure they change from a clear/transparent color to blood red
Why are Smartbaits revolutionary?
- Fish see in color and color changes will attract a fish to strike a lure
- When a Smartbaits lure is cast into the water and it moves through different temperature ranges it will change color, and this color change process is designed to alert fish that there is activity in the water
- Once the lure has fully changed color (a quick and continual process as the lure moves through different water temperatures) then it will appear to be wounded and bleeding and the fish will attack the lure
Does Smartbaits Online store ship internationally?
- We currently ship to locations in the USA and Canada only, shipping to international locations will be available shortly
Are Smartbaits available at a retailer near my location?
- Smartbaits are sold through our online store and our Amazon store.